The Crazy Diet That Has Allowed Tom Brady To Keep Playing Like Tom Brady

At 38 years-old, Tom Brady is still playing the best football of his career. Having watched his peers fade off into retirement in embarrassing fashion, many have wondered how Brady has managed to maintain his stellar level of play.

Brady’s arm strength, accuracy and attention to detail have never wavered, and after hearing from Tom and Gisele’s personal chef, Allen Campbell, it seems as if these abilities are directly tied to his eating habits.

Campbell explained, “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. [I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.”

The diet sounds even stricter once Campbell lists what he chooses not to use in his cooking: “No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. … I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt.” As if this list wasn’t already long enough, Brady also doesn’t eat mushrooms, peppers, eggplant and fruits to avoid possible inflammation.

For as bizarre and unappealing as this diet sounds, no one can argue with the results Brady continues to produce. Locked in as the No. 2 seed in the AFC and set to take on the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend, Brady will be the deciding factor in whether or not New England wins a second consecutive Super Bowl.

With Brady’s longevity seemingly directly tied to his eating habits, it certainly makes one wonder what food Peyton Manning is choosing to consume.

Source: Yahoo!, Thats Enuff