30-24. The Teams Gearing Up For 2023
30. Washington Nationals (48-87) — The Nats had their best week of the season with five wins in six tries…and they still have the worst record in the league.
29. Oakland Athletics (50-85) — Oakland has just two everyday players with an OPS above .700 (Sean Murphy and Seth Brown) for what is one of the league’s worst offenses we’ve seen in quite sometime.
28. Detroit Tigers (51-84) — Speaking of unproductive offenses, the Tigers came back down to Earth following an offensive explosion last week. After scoring 26 runs in last weekend’s series in Texas, Detroit managed just 15 runs in seven games this week.
27. Pittsburgh Pirates (49-84) — Pittsburgh is in danger of falling below Oakland for the worst record in the league. At least Oneil Cruz looks like the real deal. The rookie is responsible for all of the 10 hardest hit balls by any Pirates player this year.
26. Cincinnati Reds (53-79) — The Reds have been far more competitive since the break. They’ve won seven of their 13 second-half series, including taking two-of-three from Colorado this past weekend.
25. Miami Marlins (55-78) — The Marlins have been awful since the break. Miami has gone 12-30 since the start of the second-half and are currently spiraling in the midst of a seven-game skid.
24. Kansas City Royals (55-81) — The bottom-dwelling Royals have a chance to make a major impact in the AL Central race. They have eight remaining matchups against the Guardians and six with the Twins.
Image Source: USA TODAY Sports